Yoga for Runners Instructors
Rowena de Jesus
- Associate Forrest Yoga Teacher
- RYT® (Registered Yoga Teacher) 200 hour level
- yogaHOPE teacher: Dedicated to establishing rehabilitative yoga programs in residential facilities for underserved women in substance abuse recovery, poor and homeless women, and victims of domestic violence
- Experienced in Yin, Shadow, Ashtanga, PranaVayu, Baptiste and Bikram Yoga
- Graduate of UCLA (B.S. Microbiology and Molecular Genetics)
- Candidate in Master of Public Health Program, Tufts University
- Experienced marathon runner (Team in Training Alumni)
- Teaches fun and dynamic classes with emphasis on connecting to the core and the breath, leaving you invigorated and relaxed
- Through Forrest Yoga, Ro healed her injuries from running and will run her next marathon injury free! She is an international chameleon and lab rat who loves to chillax (chill and relax) by the beach or snowboard the Rocky Mountains all while basking in the contentment of life
- AFPA Certified Yoga Instructor 200 level
- AFPA Certified Personal Trainer
- Taft Elementary School Yoga Instructor for children 1st-4th grade
- Experience in Ashtanga, Power, Vinyasa, Kundalini, Restorative, and Iyengar
- Experienced Marathon runner, placed fourth in Cape Cod Marathon.
- Graduate of University of Vermont (B.A. in Arts and Environmental Studies)
- The style of Yoga I teach is fun, it focuses on helping your bodies
(physical and mental) become stronger and more able to handle the demands of
running and physical activity.
- Through yoga I have been able to run my first marathon, recover faster, be
more in tune to my body, less injuries, have calmness of mind, and have
overall happiness and well-being.